Chow time. No seriously – you’ve been marching the Dreamforce beat and working up the appetite of champions.
But this is San Francisco: Foodie Heaven!
Make your calories count this week with some unique bites that play on the alternative fare that makes San Fran the culinary Standard…
- Gracias Madre: Forget about all the Mexican food you’ve ever eaten. This organic vegan Mexican hotspot serves up sustainable and organic food that will leave you wanting more—just try the chilaquiles or the Mexican chocolate cake. Located at 2211 Mission Street, Gracias Madre is only 2 miles from Moscone Center and well worth it. For a menu or more information, visit www.gracias-madre.com.
- Millenium: For more of a fine dining experience, check out Millenium at 580 Geary Street (an easy walk from Moscone). With their local organic cuisine, they offer a variety of global yet classic dishes that will more than satisfy your vegan palette. Entrees include Arborio Crusted Eggplant and Jerk Tempeh, while their bar uses house-made infusions and fresh juice for their cocktails. Find out more at http://www.millenniumrestaurant.com.
- Cha-Ya: Over on Valencia Street, Cha-Ya specializes in Vegan Japanese. If you’re not looking for fine dining but craving tasty food, this is your place. Their soba salad is a crowd pleaser, and use of fresh ingredients guarantees you will be happy with whatever you order. Check out the menu at http://cha-ya.blogspot.com.
- Udupi Palace (vegetarian): Also on Valenica is Udupi Palace, a go-to for vegetarians and vegans. They are known for their dosas, uthampam, and chutneys—all packed with flavor and spice. South Indian cuisine for a great price, what could be better? For more info go to www.udupipalaceca.com.
- Donna’s Tamales: For more of a grab and go, Donna’s Tamales is the perfect solution. Just a short walk over to the Ferry Building brings you into one of the best farmer’s markets in the city, where Donna’s can be found. With food trucks every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, there are plenty of options to choose from (though we all know the tamale is the way to go). The goat cheese tamale with sun dried tomatoes is one of their famer’s market specials, and too good to pass up. To find out more check their website www.donnastamales.com.
What are your go-to spots? Tweet us @DocuSign using the hashtag #DF14S
Are you ready for some Dreamforce? Check out what’s going down here: http://docusign.pressly.com/the-latest