Working globally can be challenging, especially with multi-lingual users. Fortunately, DocuSign has streamlined the globalization process by allowing users to select default languages for their account. Each user may select the language they wish to do business in on their account.
Note: This feature is currently only available in the Classic DocuSign Experience. For more details, check out our most recent release notes.
To update the language setting for a user as an Administrator
Administrators may specify a preferred language for users when creating or modifying accounts by clicking preferences:
[User in Question]
Then select the language option of their choice:
To update the language setting as a DocuSign user:
Similarly, DocuSign users may also select their language of choice at the bottom of the Classic DocuSign Experience screen:
What does this mean?
Once the preferred language is set, emails sent from that user will leverage the new language setting as follows:
For system-level account emails (for example, an account activation email or change password notice):
- Emails are sent in the user’s set language.
- If the user language is not set, the email is sent in English – US.
For document related emails (for example, sign documents, completed documents, or carbon copy notifications):
- Emails are sent in the language selected by the sender.
- If the sender does not select a language, the email is in the user’s set language.
- If the user language is not set, the email is in the sender’s set language.
- If none of the above, then the email is sent in English – US.