Template Modification History
Templates modified after June 6, 2014 now have the associated audit information listed within the DocuSign console. This means you can now see when a template was last modified, and by whom.
To view template modification history, follow these steps:
- Log in to your DocuSign account and click the Manage tab.
- Click Templates, then click the desired template.
Note: If the Modified date is not displayed, ensure that Summary is selected.
The template audit trail will only show the last modification saved to a template (not a list of all modifications), but it does serve as a useful resource when tracking changes to shared templates to which multiple users have access.
Similarly, you can quickly view the last-used date on a template by hovering over the auto-match icon.
To share a template, ensure that the users wishing to share the files have this option enabled in their account preferences.
Note: You must be an account administrator to make changes to users' permission profiles.
To enable template sharing for a user, follow these steps:
- Log in to your DocuSign account, click your profile image, then click Preferences.
- Under Account Administration, click Users.
- Click the desired user, then click Permissions.
- Scroll to Manage Templates and ensure Share is selected.
When sharing is enabled, users can share a template they have built by selecting the template in question.
To share a template, follow these steps:
- Log in to your DocuSign Account, then click Manage.
- Click to select the desired template, click the Actions button, and then click Share.
- Check the appropriate sharing options, and then click Save.
The template is now shared.